Sunday, November 1, 2009

More...

The more you are in my face, my mind frees me.
The more you harp on it, thicker yet are my earplugs.
The more you run me down, more determined I am to stand up.
The more you torment me, higher and stronger emotional walls I build.
The more you point your finger at me, do realise that 4 are pointing back at you.
The more you scream Respect Me,my inner voice says not if I want to have peaceful dreams.
The more you chant Be Like Me, I ask you hypocrite, do you claim to be like you preach?
The more you say Do It My Way , I will ingeniously find a way to do it another way.
The more you claim fair play, my yearning to play on a different field grows.
The more you say I Sayang You, the more disgusted I get, my skin crawls.
The more you push me higher, I am double checking my parachute.
The more you say you know me, I roll my eyes and say 'Oh please!'
The more you open up to me, I step back in fear of the what I see.
The more you come after me, the further I will flee.
The more you say Love me, I scream Release Me

Yes...just Release me...

Shylaja William
1 Nov 2009

1 comment:

  1. I agree... I agree... may I know who is it you are talking about? :)

    ReplyDelete