Saturday, November 28, 2009

Undiscovered muscle


In all my years of working out to try and keep this overtly voluptuous side of me in shape, today I pulled a muscle I never knew existed. I pulled a muscle in my TUMMY. My tummy has a muscle!

Since I have month plus in KJ, I decided to go gym shopping coz doing yoga, Pilate's and aerobics on my own was no fun. Found a franchise that is willing to give a one month membership; most will try all arm twisting methods to get you to succumb to their packages. Case in point, one of my friends got convinced to sign up for a year and she only had time to use the gym like on and off for 2-3 months total. Anyway I was having a good workout - circuit on the treadmill, bike, flyer and StairMaster. Once all that was done, I decided to use the machines to work on my arms. After doing the slow burn 3 sets of 8 reps to work on biceps, triceps and deltoids, my eyes wandered over to the ab crunch machine. Remembering my lower back injury, I decided to use the one that would allow me sit up and work on the crunch.

Adjusted the weight and it went well until the last set of 8s. The pull was from within my core where my tummy reigns supreme but I managed to finish the round. As I was wiping down my seat, it came out of no where. The impact was so crippling, I thought I was going to pass out. Thank goodness I am the kind who carries a water bottle everywhere. Must have been dehydrated to the point I got a cramp but I think it was the location of the cramp that blew me away!

Managed to walk off the cramp, used a bouncy ball to to cool down. I am sure tomorrow, other muscles that I have ignored will come back to seek revenge, but what I think will carry me through all the pain is the discovery of the muscle in my tummy. :)


p.s..To any of you working out at Celeb Fitness in S Parade, let's schedule to burn some calories and then balance it all out with a coffee session..:D

1 comment: